ABOUT DR. KAUFMAN
Dr. Eliaz Kaufman is an educator and one of the leading periodontists in the New York City area. He was a professor at Columbia University before opening his private dental practice. In addition to general dentistry, he specializes in oral surgery, periodontal work, and implantology. He’s committed to education in the field, he also trains new dentists and residents in the field of implant surgery.
Dr. Kaufman has been fascinated by dentistry his whole life. He loves that it’s a rapidly developing field that allows him to work at the forefront of technology and treat a variety of conditions all the time. While he enjoys working with a diversity of patients, he finds it particularly rewarding to work with patients in need of total mouth rehabilitation. With his combined expertise in oral surgery, periodontology, and implantology, Dr. Kaufman can help people whose dental issues are getting in the way of their ability to eat, communicate, or feel comfortable in public.
Dr. Kaufman believes every patient has a unique story, and he cherishes lifelong relationships with patients, whom he calls his “dental family.” And while the majority of his patients are local, many travel from around the world for cosmetic dentistry and other procedures at which he excels.
His state-of-the-art practice is a beautiful environment where patients are the top priority. Dr. Kaufman’s policy is to treat the patient, not just their dental problems. He believes that to get the very best treatment, every patient must be comfortable, listened to, and treated like a human being. This patient-oriented approach can turn a single visit into a lifelong, rewarding relationship.
I treat patients like human beings. I listen and take my time. I work hard to make sure every patient is comfortable, informed, and getting the highest level of treatment possible.DR. ELIAZ KAUFMAN
Education and Experience
Dr. Eliaz Kaufman has strong ties to the prestigious Columbia University, where he received his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree, his Master of Science Postgraduate Program in periodontics, and did residency in Oral Surgery. He also taught as a professor at the Columbia University College of Dental Medicine. To this day, he is still training new dentists and residents to perform implant surgeries. Dr. Kaufman is also fluent in several languages, including German, Hebrew, and Russian.
Tel Aviv University
Articles and Publications by Dr. Kaufman
- Kaufman E., Wang, PD. (1999) Augmentation of deficient maxillary anterior alveolar ridge with mandibular symphysis graft for placement of dental implants. Columbia Dental Review 4, 23-26.
- Kaufman E., Lamster IB. (2000) Analysis of saliva for periodontal diagnosis. Journal of Clinical Periodontology 27, 453-465.
- Kaufman E., Serman NJ., Wang PD. (2000) Bilateral mandibular accessory foramina and canals – a case report based on CT findings and review of the literature.Dentomaxillofacial Radiology 29, 170-175.
- Kaufman E., Wang PD. (2000) Maxillary ridge augmentation using mandibular symphysis graft. Dentistry Today 19, 72-79.
- Kaufman E., Zubery Y., Tal H., Kozlovsky A., Mozes O., Rosenberg M. (1992) Interexaminer accuracy in measurement of plaque index vs. the Oratest. Journal of Dental Research 71:1031 (Abstract).
- West T., Langer L., Karabin S., Grbic J., Budasoff D., Gottsegen R., Kaufman E., et al. (2000) Letter to the editor. J Periodontol 71:1051. (In response to Cochran DL. A comparison of endosseous dental implant surfaces. Journal of Periodontology 1999: 70:1523.
- Kaufman E., Lamster IB. (2000) The diagnostic applications of saliva – a review. Critical Reviews in Oral Biology & Medicine 13(2):197-212.
- Wang PD., Klein S., Kaufman E. (2000) A one-stage maxillary sinus elevation using a bone core containing a
preosseointegratedimplant from the mandibular symphysis.International Journal of Periodontics & Restorative Dentistry 2002; 22:435-439.
- Wang PD., Serman NJ., Kaufman E. (2000) Mandibular nutrient canals – a continuous radiographic visualization. Dentomaxillofacial Radiology. 29,170-175.
- Vossoughinia F., Wang PD., Kaufman E. (2000) Ridge augmentation utilizing the split crest technique for Implant placement in the anterior maxilla. Columbia Dental Review.
- Kaufman E. (2002) Maxillary Sinus Elevation Surgery. Dentistry Today. 21; 96-101.
- Kaufman E., Wang PD. (2003) Localized Vertical Maxillary Ridge Augmentation Using Mandibular Symphyseal Bone Cores: A Technique and Case Report. International Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Implants 2003;18:293-298.
- Kaufman E. (2003) Maxillary Sinus Elevation Surgery: An Overview. Journal of Esthetic and Restorative Dentistry. 15: 272-283.